Some thoughts on La La Land: Dream, Love and Freedom

 When I asked what the movie "La La Land" was like, most of my friends said that they didn't like the ending so much. They said that it was very disappointing. I finally watched the movie a few days ago, and decided that I liked not only the ending but every single part of the movie.

Dream and Love.

I believe that if the ending was different, the movie would have lost its meaning. If Mia and Seb had gotten together and lived happily ever after, the movie would have been nothing but a beautifully depicted love story. Mia and Seb did not think that being together was everything of love. They believed that even though they might get apart, they would be happy enough to imagine each other achieve their dream and live a good life. I think that is true love - when people care more about the happiness of each other than the fact that they are in a "relationship".

la la land mia and seb에 대한 이미지 검색결과

Scent of freedom.

Another thing I liked about the movie is that I could sense freedom melted into it in every way. The first scene was totally awesome, when different people wearing bright colors came rushing out of cars during a traffic jam. A traffic jam - how annoying and boring it can be! But I think I wouldn't be irritated anymore caught up in a line of cars because I know that the people driving them each have souls that sometimes wish to sing freely in the middle of the traffic.

la la land another day of sun에 대한 이미지 검색결과

My favorite part of "Another day of Sun"!

Climb these hills
I'm reaching for the heights
And chasing all the lights that shine 

The song gives me such energy that I suddenly believe I might be able to overcome any kind of challenge I get to face. And I will!